This is a busy time of year, so I’ll be brief. I don’t know about you, but I have been known to use a space heater or two at home. While this is great for shaving a few dimes off ye ole gas bill, it does create a few issues.
1) Location, Location, Location
Keep the heater from blowing on electronics. While air flow can be a good thing for electronics, warm air flow, usually is not. Electronics like cool, or cold air. Driving up the internal temperature can cause all sorts of electronic “weirdness”. Lock ups, freezes, and crashes can ALL be caused by overheating. Your VoIP adapter is no different. Remember this time of year to “keep your cool.”
2) Location, Location, Location (notice a pattern?)
Be mindful of where you plug in your heater. Adding it to that spare slot in your plug strip (We all have a plug strip by the PC, right ?) is not a good idea. The added electrical “load” on the circuit can cause what is called a “brown out”. (Ever see the lights dim, but not go out?) Slight decreases in voltage, can cause permanent damage to electronic equipment. Space heaters are notorious for causing power related problems. Try to keep them on a different circuit as your PC / Network gear.
Stay warm, and enjoy your holiday season.
Network Support Engineer.
The value of value! Ever give that some thought, or is the credit card logic formula the driving factor in making a choice in products and services. Credit card logic is when you don’t care what the long-term cost to you is; you just want to know how much it cost a month. It’s hard to show the true value in that choice because unless you ask the right questions you only find out the long-term cost after it’s applied.
Remember the “Where’s the Beef” commercial? What the real questions that was not expressed was; where is the value! Everyone who has a communications service to offer to the public has a phrase, or plan to get you to buy their service. Some use maps, some use low per month costs, some bundle it with this or that add-on product hoping you ask where’s the beef, not where’s the value. Value, may or may not be different to you and me. However the way we determine value should be. So when we look for choices in communication products and or providers, we need to ask the right questions. Look at the long term cost, learn the missing costs like, limits of use, or the applies to the first 3 or 6 months catch. We need to ask ourselves what is my reasonable expectation of this product or service. Does it really provide the value “I” need while meeting my needs and expectations. Don’t be shy, when you talk to a provider, tell them what your expectations are. They will, or should be, able to state the long term costs and let you make the “value of value” choice.
At this time of year we tend to get caught up in the rat race of the retail shopping season. We need to take time to remember the little things that make our lives happy and rewarding. Time flies by all too fast. We also need to remember the less fortunate and those that are far from loved ones such as our military personal. My thoughts are spread between those in need, and how grateful I am to have a wonderful home, family and great place to work at such as BBTelsys! BBTelsys is an environment of caring people. They are here to service our customers and aid in making their lives easier. There are so many great plans available starting at $9.99. We have great promotion ideas set for 2010 that will only be available if you are a fan on our Face book. Lastly, the Holiday Season is celebrated by all religious and non-religious sectors. Each will tell you that it is a special time of the year. Wishing all a peaceful, joyous, loving and prosperous New Year!
We at BBTelsys want to give away free service. We just ask for a little word of mouth.
- The refer and earn program applies to any referral for any of the following plans: single-line, multi-line and either World-Talk residential plans with either annual or monthly billing option. (This program does not include wholesale or business trunking plans, fax lines, etc.)
- Both the referrers’ and referees must have a continuous valid account with BBTelsys for 90 days after the sign-up date of the referee.
- Each plan sign-up is a separate referral (even for multiple plans from a single referral) and each therefore is counted as one referral.
- Free service is awarded to the referrers’ account at the next renewal date, after all referrals have had continuous service for 90 days.
- Offer is valid through December, 31 2010.
These seem innocuous enough to send along
Didn’t take them long, did it?
- Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole in one.
- What’s the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards.
- Tiger Woods wasn’t seriously injured in the crash, but he’s still below par.
- What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They went clubbing
- Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree. He couldn’t decide between a wood and an iron.
- Perhaps Tiger should be using a driver?
- This is the first time Tiger’s ever failed to drive 300 yards
- Apparently, Tiger admitted this crash was the closest shave he’s ever had. So Gillette has dropped his contract.
- After a wayward drive, Tiger Woods found water before nestling behind a tree
- Apparently, the only person who can beat Tiger Woods with a golf club is his wife
>– NOT sent from an iphone,blackberry,Nokia, or any handheld. —
I’m a PC(x86 AND ppc)
AND I RUN LINUX!!!
Linux is like ice cream. It comes in many flavors and everyone has
their favorite, but we all get the same smile regardless of which we
choose to scoop.
Robert Frost – “The world is full of willing people, some willing to
work, the rest willing to let them.” –